On 21st November (Thursday) 2019 in Hotel Aleksandar Palace, Skopje, UNIDO and REC – Country Office Macedonia, together with the Chamber of Commerce, and the Energy Agency of the Republic of North Macedonia organize the national industrial energy efficiency (IEE) promotional event: “The business case for energy efficiency in North Macedonian industries”.
The aim of the event is to address the value of implementing IEE best-available technologies such as energy management systems and energy system optimization, to showcase some of the results achieved by the GEF-funded project “Catalyzing market transformation for industrial energy efficiency and accelerate investments in best available practices and technologies in the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia” and to emphasize the highly cost-effective and immediate contribution that energy efficiency can provide in reducing industry’s and country’s energy usage and CO2 emissions.
The event will be targeted to representatives of the following stakeholders:
- Government and public institutions in charge of developing/implementing policies and programmes on industrial energy efficiency and climate change mitigation
- Economic Chamber of North Macedonia
- Companies from industrial and commercial sectors
- North Macedonian banks, including the Development Bank of North Macedonia;
- Academic and scientific-research institutions
- International institutions and bilateral donors (EBRD, USAID, GIZ and others)
- National energy efficiency service providers to industry and other sectors
- Non-governmental and civil society organizations, including women-led associations
The project is being implemented by UNIDO and the Regional Environmental Center for Central and Eastern Europe (REC) Country Office Macedonia (COM) with the support of the Ministry of Environment and Physical Planning (MoEPP), the Ministry of Economy (MoE) and the Energy Agency (EA) of North Macedonia.