Successful applicants will have an opportunity to gain between three and six months' hands-on experience in an international environmental organisation. Interns will be engaged in operational, logistics and programme activities and will receive daily mentoring. As essential members of the REC office team, they will be expected to contribute to the successful implementation of planned activities while at the same time gaining personal skills and knowledge through the performance of their professional tasks.
The internship programme will start in April 2018, and internships are available in the following fields:
- Climate change and clean energy
- Circular Economy
- Nature protection
- Environmental law
- Social media
- Event management
Interns will work for between 20 and 40 hours per week over a period of three to six months, and the positions are based in the REC office in Skopje (St. Bukureshka 133B). The internships are currently unpaid, although limited funding may become available.
Applications are invited from final-year undergraduate students and graduates, and no previous work experience is required. Applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- excellent communication skills;
- organisational skills;
- a motivated and balanced personality;
- initiative and team spirit;
- fluency in English, both written and spoken;
- computer skills (MS Office);
- flexibility for short-term travel and fieldwork;
- an ability to meet project requirements on time with minimum supervision;
- an ability to undertake research and data analysis; and
- basic knowledge of the field for which they are applying.
Applicants should send a CV and a motivation letter, explaining their personal interest in the position and stating which of the six fields they are interested in, by no later than March 15, 2018, to email@example.com.
Questions about the internship programme and the application procedure can be addressed to Sanda Mitkovska, firstname.lastname@example.org.